Healthy Snack IQed Rice Balls
- 4 tablespoons Cooked rice of your choice
- 4 scoops Chocolate or Vanilla IQed
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
Parmesan or cheese of choice, panko, bread crumb. sesame seeds
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until consistency you can roll into a ball without sticking.
- While blending, add moisture sparingly
- When you see the rice balling up on the side of the food processor it's ready
- You can roll the balls in sesame seeds, bread crumbs, or a bit of shredded cheese.
From Mom Meg
Not only does my son love these and is doing very well on them, but they are portable for when we travel. Getting good nutrition into him daily used to be an issue but he is able to keep these down. We carry them with us when we go out and he has a few with every meal and eats them on his own when he is hungry for a snack. You can be very creative with the rice. Even if your child doesn't have severe gastric issues like my son, the rice is moist enough to go into a ball without being sticky and gives the balls and nice consistency. My son has severe gastric issues and can't consume too much liquid at once. I love this recipe because I can vary what is added, my son loves them and I know he's getting good nutrition even though he looks at them as treats. My son doesn't like sweets, but if your child does you can make sweet rice balls adding about 4 tablespoons of organic coconut to the recipe.