You are what you eat. Eat smart
There are reasons why vitamin supplements may be beneficial for some. Examples include:
• Those with a poor diet may benefit from taking a multivitamin.
• Those with milk allergies may benefit from taking calcium and vitamin D
• Those who don’t eat fish may benefit from taking Omega 3s
• Vegans may benefit from taking vitamin B12
• Pregnant moms may benefit from taking folic acid
In most cases, eating healthy is better than supplements, especially for those with digestive problems such as constipation, irregular bowel movements, food revulsions/feeding disorders, and absorption problems including malabsorption in which the intestines are less able to absorb nutrients.
Even though numerous research studies don’t support the following, to this day still many parents of special needs children have been advised by either non-MD professionals or other parents to limit certain essential food groups such as dairy and to try to then get those essential nutrients into the child with a large number of supplements instead. Let’s face it, food is the purest form of supplementation, especially for those that have trouble digesting and utilizing essential nutrients. To have a chance at being healthy, the body needs to be able to digest its food properly. Absorption of vitamins may be an issue for more than a handful of individuals. There are numerous reports that vitamin pills and capsules are showing up more frequently in our nation’s sewage treatment plants. It was reported from Tacoma, Washington where 250 thousand pounds of undigested vitamins were pulled out every six weeks while over 150 gallons per month come through their filters for Salt Lake City’s filter system.
“Noted lecturer and neurologist Dr. David Friedman reports the story of a patient who had to have her septic tank repaired. The tank was clogged with hundreds of undigested vitamin pills – some with the brand names still readable!2
An X-ray taken by the highly respected Mayo Clinic tells a similar story. A woman checked into the hospital complaining of abdominal pain. At first her doctors believed the problem was gallstones – but x-rays showed fifty undissolved pills in the woman’s abdomen. 3
Even “all-natural” pills often use fillers, binders, and adhesive agents that can inhibit absorption. And even if the pill you’re taking actually disintegrates, these fillers can interfere with your body’s ability to utilize the active ingredients. 4 And if a pill doesn’t disintegrate, its benefit to you is zero.
And as you already learned, even when pills dissolve your body may absorb only 10% of the nutrients! 23 The rest simply passes right through your body.”
Unlike food where you can eat whatever you want at a buffet, not all vitamins should be combined. Certain vitamins or minerals can compete to be absorbed. For example, you should not use calcium, zinc, or magnesium supplements at the same time. While most food contains what is needed naturally to help support digestion this is not the case with supplementation. Some vitamin supplements require another vitamin supplement for digestion. One example is zinc requires copper for digestion. This example was in the news due to seniors who were being diagnosed with severe nerve damage for no known reason other than a severe copper deficiency. It was a sad and perplexing problem that was found to be due to a popular denture cream that contains high levels of zinc. Seniors with poor-fitting dentures were swallowing large amounts of zinc. To digest zinc the body requires copper, but if too much zinc is consumed the body’s essential copper stores will deplete. While zinc is an essential nutrient, too much is toxic. Zinc toxicity creates bone marrow suppression and degeneration of the spinal cord, typically resulting in crippling nerve damage. In some cases, too much zinc sadly led to death.
Even though fish oils are a supplement they are something I highly recommend for everyone as there literally have been tens of thousands of clinical studies to support their safety and efficiency for just about every system of the human body from in utero all through life till seniors. Due to today’s diet, most don’t consume enough DHA and EPA essential fatty acids which are found in cold-water fish and algae. In addition, due to pollutants in the water, fish oil is the best way to get all the essential fatty acids without any of the bad stuff such as mercury. Mercury binds to the protein or the muscle of the fish, and studies have found that OTC fish oils don’t contain mercury. This is the formula I recommend as part of my protocol.
My son Tanner’s experience with fish oils is shared in Dr. Stordy’s book The LCP Solution. A book based on her research on fish oils and ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia and apraxia
FOOD OFFERS THREE MAIN BENEFITS OVER VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS:
• Greater nutrition. Food is complex, containing a variety of the macronutrients and micronutrients your body needs.
• Essential fiber. Foods, such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and legumes, provide dietary fiber. The benefits of eating fiber-rich foods are numerous including better digestion, helping with constipation, providing more efficient nutrient intake, and lowering the risk of obesity.
• Protective substances. Many foods contain protective chemicals that promote health, such as antioxidants — substances that slow down the damaging process of free radicals and allow our cells time necessary for repair or replacement. The body has an amazing ability to heal itself, but sometimes it needs a little help.
Food is the best way to get all your essential nutrients in one place. They offer greater nutrition than dietary supplements because they provide a variety not found with pills or capsules; essential for anyone looking after their health!
When you eat food, there’s also this amazing thing called synergy. When different nutrients or food ingredients are combined, they work harder than if each was consumed separately because their combined forces make one comprehensive unit! The human body knows how important these combinations really are. All ingredients in IQed are certified as food!
MORE REASONS WHY FOOD IS THE PUREST FORM OF SUPPLEMENTATION
• Food is more easily digested than supplements. This is because food contains fiber, which helps keep your digestive system functioning properly. Additionally, food doesn’t usually contain the harsh chemicals that can be found in some supplements.
• Food tastes better than supplements. This is because food contains natural flavors, while supplements often contain artificial flavors.
• You’ll get more nutrients from food than from supplements. This is because food contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that are essential for your health. When you take supplements, you’re only getting a small fraction of these nutrients.
• Food is more affordable than supplements. This is because you can usually get all the nutrients you need from food without having to spend a lot of money on supplements.
• Outside of food allergies, you’ll be far less likely to experience side effects from eating food than from taking supplements. This is because food is a natural source of nutrients, while in most cases any drug, or supplement, may have side effects.
Food is naturally a great source of nutrients, including vitamins and minerals. These nutrients are essential for keeping your body functioning properly. Some of the most important nutrients that can be found in food include:
• –Vitamins: Vitamins are essential for brain health, and for maintaining your immune system, vision, and skin health.
• –Minerals: Minerals such as calcium and iron are essential for keeping your bones strong and your blood healthy.
• –Fiber: Fiber is important for keeping your digestive system functioning properly.
• –Protein: Protein is essential for repairing and rebuilding muscle tissue.
• –Antioxidants. Carotenoids and flavonoids can improve human health by alleviating oxidative stress.
All ingredients in IQed are certified as food which provides per serving all of the above!
When you eat a healthy diet, the vitamins and minerals in food sources are easier for your body to absorb than those found only in supplements. Supplements can be hard on the stomach and often require taking multiple pills per day, while food can provide all of the nutrients you need in one or two servings. To ensure that your body is getting all the nutrients it needs to stay healthy, try limiting processed foods. Processed food can affect digestion negatively while water will help break down food so that your body can absorb the nutrients. Water also softens stool, which helps prevent constipation
MEAL REPLACEMENTS LIKE IQed MADE FROM FOOD INGREDIENTS
All ingredients in IQed are certified as food! I have patents and patents pending on IQed Smart Nutrition and I’m so proud of it and want to share some of the reasons why meal replacement powders such as IQed Smart Nutrition are so beneficial. While some of the following pertain to the many meal replacement powders out there, I’m just going to share about IQed as not all meal replacements are created equal. IQed is made of the best natural food ingredients possible, providing all the essential nutrients known to improve your health and wellness and manufactured at a cGMP pharmaceutical to ensure quality.
IQed was recognized with the prestigious Clean Label Project Purity Award for being free of heavy metals and over 130 other harmful toxins. Very few food products on the market could pass this rigorous testing.
A National Institute of Health-based, peer-reviewed medical journal showed 92% of respondents reported positive changes in concentration, energy, motor skills, and speech upon using IQed., the majority within the first few weeks.
IQed ensures you’re getting all the essential nutrients your body requires daily and can replace one unhealthy habit with another! Imagine replacing soda or coffee consumption each day with a serving of IQed. You’ll be on track for healthier living in no time at all-it just makes sense that this is something everyone should consider when making changes toward better health goals.
IQed is a great way to make sure you or your child’s body is getting all the essential nutrients it needs daily. IQed provides everything you need in one serving, including all the essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and more! IQed is perfect for both children and adults who want to make sure they’re getting the nutrients they need each day, and because it’s already partially broken down and contains food ingredients that are natural digestive enzymes it’s easily digestible.
Here are some of the other benefits of using IQed
- Supported Metabolic System: The food ingredients in IQed helps support the metabolic system so you can reach or maintain your optimal weight by providing a nutrient-rich alternative. IQed provides all the essential nutrients your body requires daily helping you feel fuller longer and reducing the temptation for junk food.
- Improved Nutrition: IQed provides all the essential nutrients your body needs daily, and can also help you get more fiber and protein into your diet. You typically need to consume a varied diet to ensure you get all the essential nutrients your body requires daily. However, IQed Smart Nutrition your body gets all the essential nutrients your body needs in just one serving.
- Convenience: A meal with IQed is quick and easy to prepare, which makes it perfect for busy lifestyles. IQed can be taken with you on the go and make it easy to get the nutrients you need without having to cook or prepare a meal, and is far healthier than most options at fast-food restaurants.
- Cost-Effective: IQed is often more cost-effective than buying individual ingredients for meals.
- Ayurveda: IQed contains 9 Ayurvedic botanicals known for their health benefits. Ayurveda is a traditional system of medicine designed during the ancient Vedic times of India to promote good health, long life, and the prevention of disease. Ayurveda has been widely used by doctors for 5000 years and literally translates to “Science of Life;” Ayus = Life, Veda = knowledge/science.
- Variety: IQed can be mixed with a variety of foods or liquids to create a variety of smoothies or even different recipes including cookies!
In conclusion, food, or meal replacement powders made up of natural food ingredients, are easier to digest than supplements because they contain natural flavors, fiber, and fewer chemicals. Additionally, food is a better source of nutrients than supplements. Finally, food is more easily digested than supplements because vitamins can be hard on the stomach and require taking multiple pills per day. If you’re looking for something that’s nutritious and easy to digest, reach for food instead of supplements. Your body will thank you!
Author, Founder, and President of The Cherab Foundation , Coauthor The Late Talker book, Mom Conceptualist For IQed
Lisa Geng got her start as a designer and patented inventor in the fashion, toy, and film industries, but after the early diagnosis of her young children with apraxia and ADHD she entered the world of nonprofit, pilot studies, and advocacy. L Lisa currently holds three patents and patents pending on IQed nutritional composition and is a co-author of a study published in a National Institute of Health-based, peer-reviewed medical journal.Results of a Consumer Survey on the Effectiveness of a Nutritional Blend Reported on Autism Spectrum Disorder Symptoms, Apraxia, and Other Conditions Involving Motor and Speech Delays. which showed 92% of respondents reported positive changes upon using IQed. Improvements in concentration, energy, motor skills, and speech